It is the beginning of July and we have already gone many places and visited many people but as you know I am a big fan of the in between. The ordinary. So here is the first few weeks of summer and the Team Tully summer life.
The sun rising in the 5 or 6 o'clock hour brings me a lot of joy. Dog walks to the neighborhood park and into the woods before even most of the birds are awake - we both love this so much (with the exception of also being the first to walk through all the spiderwebs that were constructed overnight)
This guy defending some really valuable research on the necessity and importance of field courses and field school in undergraduate geology curriculum.
Who doesn't love a summertime urgent care trip?! He's fine. Bigger cleats were recommended.
Minor league baseball with this baseball fan. Just kidding, she is not a baseball fan, but she is a Kim fan and a good friend and knows how much I enjoy an evening at the ballpark.
It rained for 10 days straight in May.
We had a "chip challenge" at work. Who could bring in the weirdest flavor of chips. I won.
A friend and I went on a farm tour in our area and had such a nice morning. This wildflower farm was one of my favorites
And I got to see a co-worker in her side hustle - hand-made soaps. They are lovely and unique and smell so good. Always nice to see colleagues outside the office!
"MYOP" night is forever a big hit! The key is fresh dough.
Once it stopped raining and the temps stayed consistently in the 90s these guys are out in full force. Not a copperhead so we (Jasper and I) just stepped over this big fella.
Sometimes you find your husband sitting on the stairs with a rock. This is not the only time I have found him doing this, just the only time I photographed it. Ha.
Luke turned 17. 17! Geez. We were away for his actual birthday so we did a small birthday celebration at home before our trip. He is the greatest 17 year old - full of wit and humor and sarcasm and attitude. We love him so!
We celebrated our 17 year old with dinner out at a Mexican restaurant and some axe throwing. I was by far the worst at this, Luke was the best. Although, to be honest, none of us were very good. It was a fun time though.
There will certainly be another installment of Summertime Miscellaneous so stayed tuned. But until then, let's head to Bermuda!
No comments:
Post a Comment