Sunday, April 5, 2026

March

March is lacking in photographic evidence that we lived a wildly full and beautiful life, but we did.  We really did.  Just a few pictures that fill in the blanks, but the blanks are where the real stuff lives.  The ordinary is the extraordinary.  I have been thinking and talking about this lately - that the simplicity of the day to day, the routine, the things that don't get photographed are what makes up a life, a family, a world.  We are thankful for ours.  


Luke enjoyed the most anticipated event of his school year with his cohort's annual Lock-In.  


Two of my best running pals also work at the university so we met up to take a walking historic tour of campus.  It was fantastic!  And it was so nice to see these gals in the daylight.  



And L and his running pals met up for "Thirsty Thursday".  We are both very thankful for our communities.

March marked the beginning of pit stops in the creek for this guy.  Jasper is not a fan of the heat and we are already in that zone of it getting a little too warm for his liking.


Lacrosse season continues.  Proud of Luke and his hard work and effort!  He is doing great!


The team


I spent a wonderful weekend in ATL with two of my favorite people on the planet.  We had a college reunion of sorts and had the absolute best time.  We talked endlessly, we smiled until our faces hurt, and we laughed until we cried.  I haven't had a weekend so good for my soul in a while.  We talked a lot about the connection we have - I haven't seen J in probably 15 years or so and the moment I saw him we just fell back into a friendship that is like no other.  The three of us share so many memories and I will be forever thankful that our paths crossed on that tiny campus almost 28 years ago.  

Amazing humans.  I don't even have the words for how grateful I am.  I am perhaps hyper aware of Time - how I spend it and who I spend it with.  I will always choose connection. Time is never a guarantee, and it should be treated as such.  I am so very glad we made this reunion happen. Love Does.  

L and I celebrated our anniversary - 20 years.  20 years!  We wandered and we talked and rest assured there was a pineapple. A simple celebration but so very us.

Us


This guy.  L and I have had 2 dogs. With our first dog it took a herculean effort to get him into the shower to give him a bath....it took both of us to shove him or pick him up and to hold him still while the other bathed him.  This dog just goes right in, puts his nose in the corner of the shower and stands as still as a statue until it is all over.  They both have hated baths, but the approach is so very different.  Ha! 


That's all folks.  



No comments:

Post a Comment