Fall is weird here in the South. We know it is fall because the calendar says so but it doesn't really feel like fall until late October. We did have an absolutely gorgeous and very fall-like stretch of about 4 days and we lovingly call that "false fall" because day five had temperatures back in the 90s. So, there you have it...it is fall-ish. We love this time of year because there is just so much going on. Calendars are full and all three of us are coming and going so that makes nights at home so much more special. I am back to being terrible at taking photos (with the exception of Homecoming - I went a little too wild) but here you go...
September started with a very special visit from two of our favorite people! Our nephew, Pete, and his lovely girlfriend, Cheyenne. We wandered to some of our favorite places and just loved having time with them
Luke not pictured because he had to work
A field trip to campus for L to be a lab tour guide - so great!
This guy got to spend that same weekend with his second family and they spoiled him with a trip to the lake followed by a "pup cup" at our local snow cone place.
L led a field trip with this crazy crew
September contains birthdays for both L and I. I spent mine with one of the loves of my life, Mr. James Taylor. He played all of my favorite songs, including my very very favorite! It was the best and I cried more than once. James Taylor is pretty much the soundtrack of my life and I love him so.
Luke went to Baltimore for a Pokémon tournament and L and I went to a Greek Festival. Such amazing history and people and culture....and food!
L's birthday - we keep things very simple in our house but he did have a birthday weekend of sorts with his requests: wings for dinner, monkey bread for breakfast, family pickleball, and he ran a sprint relay with friends and was SO FAST!
Homecoming! What an event! I don't remember my high school homecoming experience being anything like this but WOW! So fun! The morning of....Luke and Nora making their own flower arrangements. Luke had extra and even made a bouquet for me. So sweet! Before....
Find yourself someone who makes you laugh like this. Adorable
The group photo location was hosted by one of L and N's friends, and it was pretty picture perfect.
These two! The best of friends! I hope no matter where their paths take them, that LT and WW stay connected.
The neighborhood fellas - less than a quarter mile has separated these guys since pre-school.
What a crew! So thankful for Luke's friendships.
The ladies. All so lovely and smart and kind.
The whole crew! Luke goes to a very large high school and L and I worried that he would get lost in the crowd, that it may be hard for him to find his people. Boy, were we wrong! And I am so glad we were.
No comments:
Post a Comment